Are Clear Braces Right For You?
If you want the benefits of traditional braces
without everyone knowing you are straightening your teeth, then ceramic braces may be a good option. Ceramic braces are made of translucent, composite materials that blend seamlessly with the natural color of your teeth. Many adults and teenagers prefer ceramic braces due to their effectiveness and discreet appearance.
Are you a candidate for ceramic braces?
the benefits of ceramic braces
Ceramic braces offer many advantages compared to other orthodontic treatments including the following:
• High-quality, tooth-colored materials used to make ceramic braces blend with your natural teeth, allowing you to correct your smile discreetly.
• Because clear, ceramic braces are barely noticeable, patients experience more confidence during social situations throughout the course of treatment.
What are the drawbacks to clear ceramic braces?
Like all treatment options, there are a few reasons why ceramic braces may not be a good option for you. These include the following:
• Ceramic dental braces may cost more than other types of treatments due to the high-quality materials used to create an aesthetically pleasing braces experience.
• The elastic ties used to secure the brackets to the teeth may discolor without proper care and prevention. Avoiding smoking and certain dark foods are simple ways to prevent stains from occurring.
How do clear ceramic braces compare to other solutions?
The type of braces
you choose to straighten your teeth will depend on a number of factors, including the extent of your dental problems, your goals for treatment and your lifestyle. Here are a few reasons you might choose teen or adult ceramic braces over other popular options, like metal braces and Invisalign.
• Ceramic braces and traditional braces
Ceramic braces perform similarly to traditional braces to effectively correct crowded, gapped and overlapped teeth, as well as improve a patient’s poor bite. Like traditional braces, ceramic braces are fixed to the teeth, and a wire is placed across the top and bottom of the teeth. The main difference is the material used to make the braces. Ceramic braces are clear, and therefore, far less noticeable than metal braces.
• Ceramic braces and Invisalign
Invisalign and clear ceramic braces are both great options for patients who want to correct their teeth without drawing attention to their smile. How the two work is quite different, however, as Invisalign uses clear, plastic aligners to guide the teeth to their optimal position. Unlike fixed ceramic braces, the Invisalign aligners fit in the mouth like a mouth guard and can be removed for eating and brushing. Not everyone is an ideal candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign is limited to small movement of the teeth and best suited for patients who require mild to moderate orthodontic correction. In cases where patients have extensive problems, ceramic braces will deliver the most discreet, effective results.
Are clear braces right for me?
Clear ceramic braces have become increasingly popular over the years as more and more patients seek less noticeable braces. The best way to find the right treatment for your needs and lifestyle is to talk with a qualified orthodontist.
Burrow & Welchel Orthodontics offers all types of braces for every type of smile. We serve patients in Charlotte, University, South Park, Dillworth, South End, Uptown and surrounding areas. Contact
our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation and exam.
Contact us today for a free consultation or more information.